Definition: Helps you run functions asynchronously, and use their return values (or exceptions) but only once when executed.
Not cancellable( There are Promise libraries out there that support cancellation, but ES6 Promise doesn't so far). The two possible decisions are
having one pipeline
usually only use with async data return
not easy to cancel
Definition: Helps you run functions asynchronously, and use their return values in a continuous sequence(multiple times) when executed.
By default, it is Lazy as it emits values when time progresses.
Has a lot of operators which simplifies the coding effort.
One operator retry can be used to retry whenever needed, also if we need to retry the observable based on some conditions retryWhen can be used.
- [are cancellable
- are re-triable by nature such as retry and retryWhen
- stream data in multiple pipelines
- having array-like operations like map, filter etc
- can be created from other sources like events
- they are functions, which could be subscribed later on